Every now and then, I cook a meal so delicious, so healthy, so varied and balanced in ingredients that I lament that I’m NOT feeding it to husband and kids waiting in the dining room. This is one of those meals.
- One whole trout, cleaned and filleted
- 1 or 2 lemons
- Fresh thyme
- Olive oil
- Organic spinach
- White mushrooms, washed and sliced
- Minced garlic
To make the fish:
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash your fish
- Place both halves skin down on the parchment paper, drizzle with olive oil and soluble with salt
- On one half, stack lemons and fresh thyme sprigs, then cover with other half
- Bake for 20 minutes or until internal temp reached about 135
To make the spinach and mushroom side dish:
- Heat 3-4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a pan
- Add 2-3 teaspoons garlic and let warm
- Add 4-5 handfuls of fresh spinach
- Add mushrooms
- Cover and let cook
- As spinach wilts, stir to combine ingredients
- Stir and turn every few minutes until all spinach is wilted and much rooms are tender
Now, it’s not paleo, but I did serve this with wild brown rice. I cooked it up in my rice cooker and drizzled with a little EVOO and salt.
Overall a delicious, omega heavy, nutrient dense dinner. Enjoy!